Saturday, June 6, 2009

Things That Matter

Sometimes she lets that boss get in his head
She can’t past that mountain of deadlines on her desk
5oclock she’s that last one out of the gate
And she gets cut off flipped off ticked off out on the interstate
And she wonders why this world won’t leave her alone
Till she hears that little voice “mommy’s home”
Things that matter
Things that don’t
She’s held on to that grudge all her life
And thirty years of anger
Since her dad walked out that night
She thinks of all the moments that he's missed
All the birthdays ballets first date
That seems too much to forget
She gets that call that said he don’t have long
She walks inHe starts crying
The past is gone
Things that matter
Things that don’t
Time ain’t on my side
Don’t want to leave this world
With why didn’t I?
Sometimes I take on this world by myself
Thinking I got all the answers
Don’t need anybody’s help
Well God was right there waiting for me all along
To fall down on my knees surrender all
Things that matter
Things that don't
- Rascal Flatts

No comments: