Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Few More

Update on The List
I feel like it is taking FOREVER to cross the next thing off my list! (I’ve already told y’all I’m not patient at all!) I am also getting a little nervous because it seemed like a long time when I made the list, but time goes by more quickly than you expect. And if I don’t get everything crossed off I am going to feel like a complete LOSER, so the pressure is really on. It would really help if I could find a money tree somewhere around here. I didn’t realize so many of these things are going to require a good chunk of change!

Anyway, here is an update on The List progress

1. Get in the best shape of my life…I hope that doesn’t include mentally…but physically I can tell a big improvement strength wise…now if I could just work on that core…
2. Get a job I love…I’m learning to be content in the job I have for the time being – I’ve met some great people
3. Go to a water park and not feel self-conscious…summer is officially here, which means the one at the Lake will be open soon. Good time to do this and have fun with the kids…
4. Catch a fish. I’ve never been, and know no one that fishes that I actually would want to spend the day with – work on this later…
5. Go on a mission trip – nothing with church planned right now, and I’d really like to go along with a group the first time
6. Grow a plant and NOT kill it…actually I’m going to go purchase one today hopefully.
7. Remodel a room on my own…low funding right now! But Aaron’s room is first. I promised.
8. Travel to Italy…did I say lack of funds?
9. Go skinny dipping…hahaha. In present day circumstances that’s a joke.
10. Sit through a Star Trek movie…I’m going to this weekend while I hide under the covers from the world…
11. Visit San Francisco, CA – see Italy
12. Take dance lessons (now that I’m an adult Clogging just doesn’t count)…I called about pole dancing lessons in Fayetteville…present class has already started, but they have one the end of July starting…
13. Sing karaoke…still practicing in the shower right now!
14. Invest in the stock market directly
15. Read the Bible all the way through. Starting Sunday.
16. Go out to eat by myself (To-go does not count) - This one will be soon, simply because I don’t feel like socializing much right now…
17. Learn to swim – I just want to be able to float
18. Buy one piece of expensive jewelry for myself…again funding…
19. Go to a Yankees game – I beginning to doubt my boys this season
20. Be an extra on a film – I’ve printed the application for One Tree Hill in Wilmington, so we’ll see.
21. Learn how to take a compliment…awww, my biggest downfall.
22. Learn not to say yes when I really mean no. – I just did. And it hurt. More than I thought it would.
23. Write the novel I know I have inside me – boy do I need to write more…
24. Stay out all night dancing and go to work the next day…w/o going home
25. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich – I really could do a Blue Moon right now
26. Shower in a waterfall – If I could only find a waterfall
27. Write down my personal mission statement, follow it, and revise it from time to time. – I’m still pondering what that is…
28. Make a complete and utter fool of yourself. Completed that unknowingly. See #22
29. Pose at the beach for a professional photographer - a reputable one. Actually I’ve been emailing this girl who does photography down in Wilmington, so this may happen soon! Hopefully I’ll be a little further on #1.
30. Go wild in Rio during Carnival
31. Spend Christmas on the beach drinking Malibu & Diet – I’ve been warming up the kids for this one!
32. Overcome my fear of failure. – Feeling this one harder than ever right now…
33. Be able to handle: my tax forms, Jehovah's Witnesses, my banker, telephone solicitors, my mother – This is the least likely for me to be able to accomplish.
34. Kiss the Blarney stone. I didn’t realize who much money I’m going to need.
35. Closed restaurant; I'll know what I mean on this one. I can’t do it on my home – much less in a restaurant…
36. Run the Boston Marathon – Not even close yet…
37. Create my family tree. I’m printing off forms as we speak! So although not finished, I’ve started…
38. Learn to take “real” photographs – I really want a better camera for Christmas and to start a photo class…
39. Donate money and put my name on something: a college scholarship, a bench in the park. I haven’t found something I wanted to do this for yet…
40. Make grave etchings in Louisiana. I think I’m going to do some more locally first. I haven’t did any since high school, so I need a refresher…

No comments: