Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Monday

Memorial Day...as many of you that actually know me are aware, I've kept a journal since Mrs Dixie Harris started my passion in Third Grade. There have been times in my life when I stopped for a brief while, between screwed up relationships, babies, etc. However, as my "Fabs" will tell you, the past year or so has really been changing to me.
I've went from writing about "What I Did on Summer Vacation" to keeping up with the seven best friends a woman could have, and still maintain a career, family, and school. But I've suddenly realized I'm quickly approaching the big 3-0, and there is so much in life that I haven't came close to doing that I want to do; nor am I close to being the person in life I want to be.
I've became addicted to self-help books & magazines, and recently read that a quick tip to feel happier is to start a blog. Not only that, but I've no where to keep journals anymore. Don't get me wrong, the earlier ones are well hidden (and I'm contemplating burning them), but some things you just don't want sitting on a book shelf.
So this is my official blog...lets see how it goes. Writing your feelings down is supposed to help you let go of things and since I've been stressed lately maybe this will help. So where am I at in life right now? In six months I will be 29, once year closer to 30. (Duh..) I like my job, but not nearly as much as someone should who wants to make a career out of it. I've been married for 8 months, and lets just say its great, but could be so much better...I have two wonderful children, who I always feel I'm not nearly a good enough mother to. Trying to be everything to everyone certainly takes its toll. Especially when you don't feel you're doing enough. On the flip side, I have a great group of friends that I love. I'm in school TRYING to figure out what to do to be happy at work. So things are too terribly bad.
Being an adult is hard, and lately I've come to resent growing up. I hope to change that...one step at a time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shag Growing Up...I am (and I beat you to 30). ;)